Race any of the local historic courses on your own or with a few competitors any time between Oct. 1st and 25th. Submit your times to email@example.com by emailing us a screenshot of your GPS tracker. (Strava and Paddle Logger are great apps to use for tracking your time and distance).
December 1—31 throughout Sausalito
- Download a map here
- Free activity for the entire family
- Come vote for your favorite House along the tour
- People’s Choice Awards will be announced in January
- Tour sponsored by The Bay Model Visitor Center, Casa Madrona Hotel & Spa, Kimber Communications and OurSausalito.com
52nd ICB Artist Open Studios
Join us for the 2020 ICB WINTER OPENS STUDIOS (WOS) – one of the nation’s most creative art-work spaces and artist collectives at the Industrial Center Building (ICB). December 4–6.
- Dec 4 | 11am-6pm | ARTIST PARTY | 6pm-9pm
- Dec 5 | 11am-6pm
- Dec 6 | 11am-6pm
- Over 100 artists creating fine art in various mediums including photography, film, fiber, painting, printmaking, animation, jewelry, drawing, sculpture, new media and more. This year over 95 artists will participate and we invite you into our studios to learn more about our art and our process.
- The ICB is located at 480 Gate Five Road, Sausalito.
- Our event is free to the public and has free parking and is ADA accessible (on the bay side).
- For more info:
33rd Annual Lighted Boat Parade & Fireworks 2020
Saturday, December 12, Parade Starts: 6:00pm, followed by Fireworks. Dance Party (with ticket)
- Dozens of brightly lit and beautifully decorated boats parade along the scenic shoreline
- Food trucks & no-host bars
- VIP premium seating available including hosted bar & more! Tickets and details
Note: The boat parade is a public event. Watch for details.
More info: winterfestsausalito.com
Jingle Bell Run – 5K & Children’s Run 2020
Sunday, December 13
- A scenic run along the Sausalito Waterfront!
- Join the Dipsea Kids in this annual event! Click the tickets button below for more information.
- Pre-Registration is suggested. Register here
- Same-Day Registration will be available starting 7:30 am, Sunday, December 9th near the start line adjacent to Gabrielson Park, Sausalito. Registered Runners do not require a brunch ticket.
- Pancake Brunch Following for Adults and Children, buy tickets here
Saturday, January 25 — 1:00–5:00pm
The big game is coming to Sausalito and we are not talking football! Sausalito’s fourth annual Souper Bowl is pitting Downtown and Newtown restaurants against each other to find out who has the best soup in Sausalito. Restaurants square off in the hopes of winning the Lom-Bowl-Di trophy! Tickets cost $15. Each ticket enables ticket holders to visit all the restaurants, taste soup and then vote for their favorites. Non-soup participants include Pick Me Up Chocolates, Madrigal Family Winery, Real Napa Tasting Room, Katya Fused Glass, Fish and Chips, baysic. and Sausalito Stationery where discounts, specials and free stuff will be available to all Souper Bowl ticket holders. The line-up is stacked with the best restaurants Sausalito has to offer! Hurry now to buy a ticket before they run out!! Tickets are available January 1 and in person on January 26th at the Ferry Landing in Sausalito from 12:30pm – 4:30pm.
Sunday, January 26 — Begins 10:30am
Herring Celebration and Fundraiser. This year’s Sausalito Herring Celebration is a lunch and film-screening fundraiser for the Sausalito Community Boating Center at Cass Gidley Marina.
Raucous and irreverent songs of the sea from The Fishwives, Beer, wine + beverages for $5
Many waterfront allies will also be on site promoting our collective stewardship of the marine environment.
Saturday & Sunday
Marin Open Studios is a vibrant, community wide event that celebrates Marin’s rich culture of art. This annual, free, self-guided art tour in Sausalito and other locations in Marin County.
Art patrons, admirers, and collectors can venture out on a self-guided tour to see over 275 artists and their artworks and glimpse into the life of the working artist
To plan your studios tour, download a artist guide
Free to the public. Everyday Dog Show with categories like Best Wag, Best Bark, and Best Trick. Everyday Dog Show with categories like Best Wag, Best Bark, and Best Trick. Demonstrations, Food and Beverages for sale (adult beverages as well) Browse our vendors, non-profits and rescues. More info
- 10:30 a.m. – Best Costume
- 11:00 a.m. – Best Wag
- 11:30 a.m. – Best Trick
- 12:00 p.m. – 1st Raffle Drawing & Demonstrations
- 1:00 p.m. – Best Owner/Dog Look-a-like
- 1:30 p.m. – Best Bark
- 2:00 p.m. – Best Body Part
- 2:30 p.m. – 2nd Raffle Drawing
Everyone is invited to join in Sausalito’s traditional Fourth of July festivities on Wednesday, July 4, featuring a morning parade, an afternoon picnic, and music and fireworks in the evening. The day’s events get underway at 10:00 a.m. with the annual parade of floats, bands, classic cars, City officials, and local organizations. More info
Galilee Harbor Community Association is a member-run cooperative. We are artists and maritime workers actively employed in boat-building, boat repair, sail-making, marine canvas work, creative writing, theater, painting, photography and other visual arts.
- Live Music
- Marine Flea Market, Historic Vessels & Boat Rides
- Fish & Chips, Homemade Pies & Open Boat Tours
- S/V Alma B from San Francisco Maritime Museum, Boatbuilding Demo & Silent Auction
The Sausalito Art Festival brings world-class art, music and wine together on the Sausalito Waterfront for a Festival like none other. Experience over 200 fine artists from around the world and three days of live music on two stages. Enjoy beverages from some of the best wine and spirts makers in the country and for the first time.
Sausalito’s colorful floating homes community will once again presented an open homes tour in September. At least a dozen homes will be open, ranging in styles from funky to palatial, including two new homes on Liberty Dock. Most will be docented by the homeowners, who will be happy to answer questions about their unique waterfront lifestyle.
Cant’s wait for the 2021 Tour? Sausalito Floating Homes Association offers private tours for parties of 40 or less
ICB Artists At Work — September 28, 11-4pm
We are opening our studios and inviting the public to come see ARTISTS AT WORK! This is a unique opportunity to witness an artist’s process and have a behind the scenes look at how art is created. The ICB building in Sausalito is home to over 140 artists who work in various mediums including painting, photography, sculpture, jewelry, weaving, basketry, new media, fiber art and more.
It is going to be a fun afternoon. All art enthusiasts and collector welcome!
Free event + free parking
- For more info:
Saturday, September 28:
- HUMAN NATURE, A film by Adam Bolt
- SUMMER OF LOVE
Sunday, September 29:
- WHEN LAMBS BECAME LIONS, Directed by Jon Kasbe
- Entrance will be on Ebbtide Avenue (follow the signs) off Bridgeway
- Over 90 booths registered
- Free and Open to the Public