Like many visitor communities Sausalito is in the process of rescheduling and retooling many traditional planned events and activities. While our schedule is being reset—we have lots of fun things to do while Visiting Sausalito!
Hike our hills and trails, touch your toes in the cool Bay waters, brave the coastal fog and brisk summer winds … and of course frequent our outdoor restaurants and cafes as well as shop in our one-of-a-kind boutiques and stores!
Bring the whole family to this free event. Observe a wooden boat building demonstration by Arques School of Traditional Boatbuilding, raise a cheer at our dinghy dash race, see historic vessels, and go on a free boat ride aboard Galilee Harbor’s SV Carodon. Shop the popular marine flea market and artist booths and be sure to purchase a ticket for the Olde Tyme Jar Raffle to win a prize donated by local merchants. Or, just relax by the bay, listen to live music, and catch sight of our resident great blue heron and fellow egrets off the Mono Street marsh.
Galilee Harbor Community Association is a cooperative, liveaboard community dedicated to preserving maritime arts and skills and providing affordable housing on the Sausalito waterfront. Located at 300 Napa Street at Bridgeway, next to Dunphy Park in Sausalito.
The City of Sausalito Park and Recreation Department is proud to present Jazz and Blues by the Bay once more in Gabrielson Park. Starting with a Free for All concert on Friday July 2, 2021 at 6:30 p.m. The entire lawn will be available for lawn seating so bring a (low) chair, some friends and come enjoy the music!!
Tables will be back starting on July 9. You can buy a SEASON table for July 9 through August 27. See below for more information.
Nightly tables go on sale on July 7 – $60 for residents and $70 for non-residents
Band line-up will be announced shortly (it’s a work in progress right now)
December 1—31 throughout Sausalito
- Download a map here
- Free activity for the entire family
- Come vote for your favorite House along the tour
- People’s Choice Awards will be announced in January
- Tour sponsored by The Bay Model Visitor Center, Casa Madrona Hotel & Spa, Kimber Communications and OurSausalito.com
34th Annual Lighted Boat Parade & Fireworks 2021
Saturday, December 11, Parade Starts: 6:00pm, followed by Fireworks. Dance Party (with ticket)
- Dozens of brightly lit and beautifully decorated boats parade along the scenic shoreline
- Food trucks & no-host bars
- VIP premium seating available including hosted bar & more! Tickets and details
Note: The boat parade is a public event. Watch for details.
More info: winterfestsausalito.com
Jingle Bell Run – 5K & Children’s Run 2021
Sunday, December 12
- A scenic run along the Sausalito Waterfront!
- Join the Dipsea Kids in this annual event! Click the tickets button below for more information.
- Pre-Registration is suggested. Register here
- Same-Day Registration will be available starting 7:30 am, Sunday, December 9th near the start line adjacent to Gabrielson Park, Sausalito. Registered Runners do not require a brunch ticket.
- Pancake Brunch Following for Adults and Children, buy tickets here
Saturday & Sunday
Join Marin Open Studios for our 28th Annual events. We present virtual as well as physical self-guided tours of Marin County artists during the first two weekends of May 1-2 and 8-9. With all Covid safety guidelines in place, the event features a gallery exhibition from April 20 to May 11th at #325 Corte Madera Town Center (next door to Crate & Barrel on the interior concourse).
Pick up our printed Tour Guide at the gallery, and also find it inserted within the May issue of Marin Magazine, sent to 33,000 homes and businesses. The Tour Guide also serves as a year-around resource for easy reference. This event is free to the public. Check often for updates.
- Music by Tom Rigney and Flambeau
- Unlimited Tasting wristbands $15 – starting September 7, 2021
- Rec’ers will be selling beverages
- Parks and Rec will be selling snow cones and sodas
- Tasting starts at 12:00 p.m. sharp (you can buy a wristband starting at 11:30am)
- Dog Friendly