The Ferry to Sausalito has always been beautiful!
Fodor’s Travel ranked it #5 as The World’s Most Scenic Ferry Rides, aboard Golden Gate Ferry!
Thank you for making Sausalito your Destination!
There are many ways to get here! The most popular ways are to take a Scenic Ferry Ride, Biking across the Golden Gate Bridge, or you’ve come by Tour Bus from San Francisco or the Wine Country —We are delighted to have you visit our beautiful city!
It can get confusing with so many options and we want to make your experience here memorable. You may decide to bike in but ferry out, or perhaps you’ve taken the Ferry, but want to hop on a tour bus back to San Francisco.
We have many tools for you once you’re here, so please check them out before you arrive so you well prepared for the adventure!
- Bike Reservation System
- Priority Boarding System
- Ticketing Information
- Bike Parking
- Ferry Landing Location
- Visitor Information Kiosk
Sausalito Golden Gate Ferry: A 715-passenger Spaulding class vessel provides service on this route and can accommodate up to 200 bicycles.
There’s a high volume of bicycles in Sausalito during the summer and other busy months. Customers are encouraged to read this handy Ferry-Bike Brochure for more information about taking your bike on the ferry, ticketing, bike reservations, bike parking, and bike return options.
- This Bicycle Reservation System serves both Sausalito ferries (i.e. the Blue & Gold Fleet Ferry to Fisherman’s Wharf, San Francisco and the Golden Gate Ferry to Downtown, San Francisco).
- Bike reservations for the ferry can be made in advance online, or in person when you get to Sausalito.
- You may reserve up to six (6) bicycles.
- Please be at the ferry terminal at least 15 minutes before departure.
- Reservations cannot be canceled or changed.
If you have a reservation and miss your ferry, you should get in the STANDBY line and you will be boarded on a space available basis.
While bike reservations are free, you must also purchase your ferry ticket separately. Purchase on-site or online at one of the ferry companies below.